Looking for a very, very simple weeknight meal? Chicken thighs, coconut milk, high-quality curry powder and an assortment of vegetables thrown into the crockpot equals a delicious curry that’s ready when you get home from work.
- 2 lb chicken thighs
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 yellow squash, cubed
- 1 eggplant, skinned and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, cubed
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp curry powder (I love Penzey’s Hot Curry Powder – it’s not hot)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
Change it up! Don’t have the afore-mentioned veggies? You can also do cubed carrots, zucchini, whatever. Just keep in mind that less cruciferous veggies will get very soft and mushy. Because of this, I tend to choose the tougher veggies for my curries.
- Turn the crockpot on “Low” because it’s going to cook for the next 8 hours – or however long you are away from home.
- Throw all the ingredients into the crockpot. That’s it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.