Paleo bread tends to suck. It’s dry, it’s crumbly, it doesn’t toast well. Until now. This recipe for Paleo bread is BY FAR the best that I have found. And don’t laugh, but I found it through Gwyneth Paltrow’s lifestyle blog, GOOP. Gwynnie appears to endorse the Paleo lifestyle – she’s been grain-, gluten-, and dairy-free for some time. Anyway, she featured this amazing recipe, which I later discovered actually comes from Elana’s Pantry.
If you’re craving bread, simply cut a slice, toast it up, and slather on some almond butter. Trust me, it will fulfill any cravings and more. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor and pulse the ingredients together.
- Add in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar and pulse.
- Pour batter into a greased 7.5″ x 3.5″ non-stick loaf pan (or line with parchment paper.)
- Bake at 350° F for about 40 minutes.
- Cool and serve.