I’m going to share one of my all-time favorite recipes. This pork is so easy to make, and it blends the heat of the spice rub with the sweetness of the honey glaze.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (split into two tenderloins)
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
SPICE RUB – Mix together in a small bowl
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
HONEY GLAZE – Mix together in a small bowl (microwave for 30 seconds to soften the honey)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp garlic (finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Coat entire pork tenderloin with the spice rub.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over moderately high heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- Brown pork in the skillet, turning equally, about 4 minutes total. Pat the glaze onto top of each tenderloin.
- Roast the tenderloins in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of each tenderloin registers 140 deg.
- Remove pork from oven, let it stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. The pork’s temperature will rise to 155 deg while standing.