Another original from the Live Whole kitchen! This hearty breakfast bake contains eggs, sausage, kale and sweet potato. So easy, so filing, so delicious!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Sea salt
- 1 lb loose breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 bag frozen kale (roughly 1 bunch of leaves)
- 1 9×9 cake pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes. Using the slicer attachment on your food processor (or a knife and patience), cut sweet potatoes intro thin disks.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add sweet potato disks. Cook five minutes. Add water, then cover and cook until potatoes have softened.
- While potatoes cook, heat a second pan and add sausage and onion. Cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Dump cooked sweet potatoes into the 9×9 pan, followed by the sausage/onion mix.
- Do not rinse out the sausage pan. Just add frozen kale and heat until softened.
- While kale is heating, whisk together all 12 eggs in a large bowl. When combined, add kale and whisk to mix.
- Pour egg/kale mixture into 9×9 pan, on to of the layered sweet potatoes and sausage.
- Bake in oven 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate and enjoy during the week!