I am almost embarrassed to even post this. I also cannot spell the word, “embarrassed,” apparently. Anyway. Sometimes I don’t want to cook ahead of time. Sometimes I want to watch “How I Met Your Mother” for hours on end and not think about feeding myself (I know, I know, have some cheese with that whine …).
Insanely Lazy Quickie Dinner … commence.
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bag brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 4 sausages (Chicken/Sage or Chicken/Apple work well), sliced into rounds
- 1 bag frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat and add bacon. When bacon is crispy, remove and place on a plate for later. Reserve bacon fat in pan.
- Add onion and brussel sprouts to pan. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cover pan. Cook 10 minutes or until brussel sprouts are bright green and can be pierced with a fork. Trust me, you do NOT want mushy brussel sprouts. I actually like mine slightly charred.
- Remove cover, add sausage to pan and continue cooking, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave frozen broccoli and cauliflower. When done, open bag carefully (steam!), and toss heated broccoli and cauliflower with the ingredients in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Voila.