I love red beans and rice with Andouille sausage But since beans and rice are out, I wanted to come up with a veggie-full substitute that would fulfill my cravings for spicy sausage and Cajun seasoning.
Check out my recipe for cauliflower rice.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 4 all-natural Andouille sausages, sliced (pre-cooked, try the Al Fesco or Applegate brands)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Tobasco
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (check out the Emeril’s Bayou Blast recipe below)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Prepared Cauliflower Rice
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a separate skillet. Add sausage slices and cook until browned.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and all spice ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add chicken broth, then add the cauliflower rice.
- Let simmer 10 minutes.
Et voila! Super quick and easy, veggie-packed faux Cajun goodness.
Emeril’s Bayou Blast, courtesy of Food Network
2 1/2 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. dried thyme
Toss all ingredients together in a ziplock bag, keep in a cool dry place.