- 2 beets, peeled and grated or thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced
For Each Serving
- 1 packed cup baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss beets, celery, cucumber, and scallions.
- To serve, toss 2 cups slaw with arugula, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Top with avocado and seeds.