3 medium, round sweet potatoes
5-6 strips uncured thick-cut bacon, diced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
4-5 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes for 25-35 minutes or until soft to the touch.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, throw diced bacon into a skillet and cook through.
- Put basil in food processor. Turn on to process. While running, slowly add your olive oil. Then add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- When your bacon is done cooking, remove from heat but leave in the pan. Keep all those delicious bacon drippings in the pan.
- After your sweet potatoes are done cooking, remove and discard the skin (they’ll be hot, be careful). Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Place the mashed sweet potatoes in the bacon pan, then add basil pesto to the pan. Mash ingredients together.
- Place mashed sweet potatoes mixture into a bowl. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe modified from PaleOMG’s Bacon Basil Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes.