- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon (1 teaspoon) plus 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
Whisk lemon zest and juice and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper. Toss dressing with brussels sprout leaves and pumpkin seeds. Gently stir in avocado and adjust seasoning.
Change It Up
Brighten the salad by adding blood-orange segments and swapping toasted pecans for the pumpkin seeds; toss the salad with shaved fennel and celery root for heartiness. Thanks Whole Living magazine for the recipe!