- 4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1½″ pieces
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (roughly 2 limes)
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 chayote squash, cut into ½″ cubes (or yellow squash)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into ½″ cubes (or sweet potato)
- 1 1″ piece ginger, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, slit in half lengthwise
- Cauliflower rice for serving
- Combine chicken, lime juice, and 1 tbsp. curry powder in a large bowl, and toss to combine; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and working in batches, add to pot, and cook, stirring, until golden brown all over, about 8 minutes. Put chicken aside in a bowl.
- Add remaining curry powder, the allspice, garlic, scallions, thyme, carrots, chayote, potato, and ginger, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add chicken and any remaining marinade to pot along with coconut milk and chile, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, about 40 minutes; serve over cauliflower rice.